I am so excited to share my news! My Dear Husband and I have just purchased our very own living space! It sounds funny to me to call it a house, so I will just say that I will soon be Queen of a Double Wide! It is so crazy, I never pictured myself ever wanting to, purchasing nor living in a trailer. But it is an opportunity that we feel is the right thing to do. And if everything goes according to the "ten year + :)" plan, it will open doors for other opportunities.
It is approx. 1800 square feet (that is just with Mr. Doorman walking it) it has 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, and a nice open living, dining and kitchen area and it has what we are calling a den, but it wouldn't be too hard to turn into a 4th bedroom. We are renting the land that it currently sits on, and hope that maybe in a few years we will be able to buy it, but only time will tell on that one.
There is some work that needs to be done on it before we move it, so the next month will be busy for us. I am so excited to have my own place that I can fix up and tear down, and change all that I want. I plan on posting pictures soon.
Very funny thing about it: Each half of the trailer comes with a title :) Ha ha ha LoL. We have joked that in case of divorce, it will be really easy to divide 50/50 he gets one half and I get the other. (He already staked claims to the kitchen side, it has both bathrooms and a bedroom, so he really has it all.)