Over ten years ago Missing Hinge started this cross stitch for Squeaky Hinge to put in her bedroom. Because of the amount of color changes (there are around 48 different colors in the picture) and the time it was taking, the project was set aside for a number of years (okay, a lot of years). After completing Mr. Doorman's Christmas Stocking, I needed a new project to work on so by default (because it didn't cost me a thing, all the needed materials were just waiting to be used) I started working on this. It took me over 2 months of work but it was finally completed. I decided to give it to Squeaky Hinge for her birthday, mostly because I couldn't think of anything else to give to her. So, at the last minute (the day of the birthday party)Missing Hinge, Mr. Doorman and I took a trip to the store to get it framed. Missing Hinge had the great idea to do a shadow box. And Mr. Doorman helped decide that a sunflower would look great in it. My idea was for a little charm and we found the butterflies.
I was really lazy and didn't wrap the present for her, just laid a shirt over it while I brought it too her after dinner. Squeaky Hinge was much surprised to see that it was finally completed! She knew I was working on it, but I tried really hard to not mention the fact that I had finished it. (I think I completed it around a month ago).
Happy Birthday Miss Squeaky!!!
