The DoorNobbs

Almost as dependable as the real thing!


Last year I finished a stocking for Mr. Doorman with a Snowman on it. But when looking through a book he saw this one and really wanted it.  So as a surprise I started working on it for him in Sept or Oct.  (I will take his name out of the other stocking and save it for later.)  With my mom's help with the final details of actually making it a stocking I finished it up a few days before Mr. Doorman's birthday.  I was so excited to give it to him I didn't even wrap it, I had him close his eyes and gave it to him a couple days before his birthday.  So techinally he had two stockings this year, but Santa was smart and only filled the one. :)

We had a great Christmas! Christmas Day was the traditional breakfast at Grandma's and unwrapping Christmas presents. Then off to other Grandparents and my house for Santa gifts.  Then we went to my parents house, where Missing Hinge went to the church house to finish something for Primary. While she was gone Gold-Plated Hinge, Mr. Doorman and Tarnished Hinge moved the treadmill outside to the garage and brought in an exercise bike.  Missing Hinge has been talking about getting one for months.  But luckily with good excuses we got her to put off buying it until after the holidays. When she came home there was her present waiting for her! (I had already tried it out for her---she took a long time at the church house.)  It was great! 

The day after Christmas we headed to the Nobbyknees and Elbows.  It was pretty fun to be with the little peepholes.  One peephole totally made my Christmas!  When asked about Christmas he just said that he didn't get a fishing pole. (We knew his grandparents had a fishing pole for him under the tree.)  He had been asking for the fishing pole for 2 years.  When he unwrapped the presents I expected a great shout of excitement, instead he just looked inside the box for the hook and the line. (a little disappointing reaction) We told him when he went fishing with Mr. Doorman he would get all the gear to fish.  After the rest of the presents were unwrapped (Toy Story 3 got a huge shout of joy from both boys) and they played with the train. This little peephole was then able to give his undivided attention (and it was a better reaction then the Toy Story reaction) to the new fishing pole. He talked nonstop the rest of the night to anyone who would listen about his fishing pole, how it went together, and about how he needed a hook, and line. (it was adorable.)  And then his twin peephole (he was asked if he also wanted a fishing pole for Christmas and he said maybe next year) told Mr. Doorman "if you find a fishing pole on your way home maybe you can bring it back to me the next day"  and also mentioned that we could give him a fishing pole for Halloween.  It was so cute!  Kids surely make Christmas! 

It was a great Christmas and a great New Year!  Happy 2011!!