The DoorNobbs

Almost as dependable as the real thing!

So my weekends for the past couple and this coming, have been a little busy.

Two weekends ago- I got to go and visit my sister in Philly! We had great fun- I went with Doorman, and Missing Hinge. We saw all the historic things in Philly, the liberty bell, Independance Hall, Carpentar's Hall, the building in the movie National Treasure. Enjoyed the best Philly Cheesesteak I have every tasted! So good in fact that we ate two lunches and tried the whole rest of the weekend to get back for another.

We went to Palmayra- my sister didn't have to work so she came with us -it was a long drive but worth it! It was amazing to be in such a sacred spiritual place. It was so peaceful and quiet, a great time to think and ponder. We went to the Hill Cumorah, the Joseph Smith home and sacred grove. The Grandin Book Press (can't remember its name) and the temple. Beautiful!!

We went to NYC- road the ferry from Statton Island, took the subway up to Central Park. Had a hot dog in the park and watched a baseball game for a few minutes. I had always wanted to eat a hot dog from a vendor in NYC, I am not sure why but maybe because I have seen it in a lot of movies. Anyway it was a little disappointing- my hot dogs at home are much better! Then we walked down 5th avenue and checked out the buildings and the shops. We saw St. Patricks Cathedral, went inside Trump Towers (there is a resturant and ice cream palor along with a few high end shops).

There was construction in the subway, so we had to walk around alot to find the station we could get on to head back. This also caused us to transfer a few trains and feel like we were going to die in the stuffy, no air, station where the only glimmer of hope for a breeze came when the train pulled in- just to find out it wasn't the right one for us. I was at the point that I was going to get on the next train, I didn't care where it was going, just to get a little A/C. Finally we made it to our destination and came up out of the subway to find that during the 1/2 hour we were there it had rained- perfect because now there was no line to the statue of liberty.

The last day we spent on a beach at Cheasapeke Bay, in Elk Neck State Park. It was nice and relaxing. We even bought some beach chairs (which my sister will be bringing back home with her).

We learned not to buy McFlurry's back east. They have about as much ice cream as a cone. We tried in every state we visited and it was the same in each. In fact one person got the snack size and the other regular and the regular had the same ice cream as the snack size. Disappointing.

I was able to get a few more smatched pennies and a book to put them in! My collection is growing! I started a few years ago as my souviener to the places I have been. It was fun to put all of them in the book when I got home.

Overall it was a great trip- and I hope I can get back again!

Last weekend we had Doorman's brother, his wife and 4 kids came to visit. (they would be the ones from the Nobby Compound, and nicknamed the Nobbyknees and Elbows and the peepholes) Because our apartment doesn't have much room, they slept at our house and we slept at my parents. The peepholes enjoyed feeding the goats and looking at the cows. We took them to the dairy and they seemed to enjoy it. They are less afraid of the big cows than the little dogs. (Maybe because the cows don't bark)

And this weekend Doorman's parents and sister are coming to visit. We had our apartment kid proofed with all the stuff moved into our computer/storage/pantry room. So now to make a place for his sister we put everything back in order with a few extras in the living room.

So, next week hopefully my apartment with be back in order and I can find a few things again. My scriptures we lost for a moment, but I found them in my closet. But I am still missing a few other things. I am not sure where they are and not even sure where to begin looking, but I know that have to be there somewhere!

My weekends have been busy, but they have been fun! However I do look forward to next saturday- where so far nothing is planned!