So I was informed yesterday that not only do people check out my blog but they want to check out my blog more frequently but find that I am terrible and sporadic about posting. I was given an idea and now I will try my best to follow through. My new goal is to get on at least twice a month and share with you more than just my craft projects. I will actually share some about my life.
For an example of my computer typing laziness, you my blog readers, have no idea that a new little angel joined the Wigamister family and little miss cupcake has a new cupcake. I realize that I need to come up with a nickname for the new Wigamister addition. Since my sweet little miss cupcake is now a toddler (that says a lot by itself), and although she is a doll and I love her to pieces- to avoid confusion by calling both of them cupcake, I will call the "original cupcake" our Devil's Food Cupcake and the new addition will be Angel Food Cupcake -- cause really all little babies are angels-- they don't do anything to get into trouble and you don't ever have to wonder what they are getting into :0).
(Or I could take on Doorman's nickname and call them Cupcake and Foot.--unless you know Doorman you might not understand his quirky sense of humor.But don't let his nickname fool you, Doorman really loves Foot. He holds her as much as the rest of us will let him.) :0)
So here is an updated list of our nicknames, (mostly this is for me because I can't remember who I call what)-
I am known on this blog as the Doorkeeper (although I don't really refer to myself much in the third person). I am married to a wonderful man -- The Doorman. He is awesome! (When I started out this blog he was our very educated dirt digger-- he is now a very educated paper pusher and email answerer.) In our household we have 2 Doggy Doors- One is fondly called our hunting rat, she is cute and little but she is a great squirrel catcher. Our other used to be a cute little puppy, but now she is all grown up, today I am calling her the pen eater-- she found a pen last night and ate it, I have ink stains on a couple of my blankets.
I come from a family of "Hinges." We have Gold Plate Hinge and Missing Hinge. Their children are; myself, Squeeky Hinge and Tarnished Hinge.
Squeeky Hinge decided to fall in love and get married and now they are the Wigamister's and have two adorable cupcakes. (or a cupcake and a foot)
Doorman cames from the family of Nobbyknees and NobbyElbows. They all mostly live in the Nobby compound, but one has recently escaped :0) -- not really escaped, just moved.
Okay-- That was a really long side note to telling you how my week has been. My week has been great.
I have discovered that Doorman is an excellent painter. We have been painting some ceramic Mice Christmas Ornaments. Doorman is doing the main painting and I go in and do touch up's and add the detail (which is just the eyeballs really). But I must say I am super impressed with Doorman's ability at painting. He has done an excellent job. And it has been lots of fun to sit down together on our free evenings and work on the project together.
We embossed candles for our mutual activity this week. The girls seemed to really enjoy the activity. Their comments made me glad that we chose to do this activity, because it didn't take much artistic talent or skill, which helped the girls enjoy the project even more. Watching them, they all did wonderful. If you have never embossed a candle before it goes something like this. Emboss your stamp on a piece of tissue paper and then melt the tissue paper into the candle. The girls seemed to have the most difficulty in melting the tissue paper into the candle. But as with any craft or project, the first one is always the worst because you are not quite sure what you are doing. All of their candles turned out beautiful.
(If I was better and more prepared I would have pictures to show you of both the ornaments and the candles)
Yesterday was Fudge making day. I spent the day at the Wigamister's home with Squeeky Hinge, Missing Hinge, the Wig-in-law (she will need a nick-name because she is awesome, I will have to think on that) and the cupcakes. We are making fudge to give to friends/family etc for Christmas. I totally loved spending the day with my family and for the great memories we create by spending that time together.
Devil's Food Cupcake makes me laugh and smile and I really do love her to pieces. She helped us mop the floor using the water from dish washing (she is very conscientious about not wasting water), she helped do a little cooking (she is an excellent butter unwrapper), and a very good taste tester (if she doesn't like it, she will not keep it in her mouth). Along with her very fine helper skills she loves Angel Food Cupcake, sometimes a little too much (just as long as you don't want Devil's Food Cupcake to hold Angel Food Cupcake and pose for a picture). And she is great at entertainment-- dancing is her speciality.
I think yesterday was the longest amount of time the Devil's Food Cupcake has allowed me to hold Angel Food Cupcake (okay their names are way to long to keep spelling out-- DFC and AFC for short). Usually as soon as I hold AFC, then DFC decides I should be giving her piggy back rides or playing with her. With enough other people around, I was able to hold AFC for a wonderful amount of cuddle time.
AFC is the cutest little angel-- and that is why she gets her name. It may move up to DFC in a couple of years when DFC has advanced out of her toddler stage :0) and AFC and moved into it.
In all of the past winters at work, the busyness has been very mild and I have had the privilege of working on other projects or reading books. This year has been unlike any other year in my history. We did decide to repaint the office this fall, so that took up a bunch of time (like 2 months)-- it is really hard to paint, when you still have to function as a business. So, that busyness was my own fault for thinking up the painting idea in the first place.
But besides that I recruited in some help to do I project that took around 25 hours total. And now I am being asked to start another project that I think is going to take me around the same amount of time. Being busy at work is nice and all but I really don't think AFC is going to be getting her Christmas Stocking this year (sad).
Anyway that is my life this week in a jiffy-- okay more like in a very long and boring traffic jam.
I might even be able to keep my goal for this month, since it will soon be Christmas I might just have something more to say---