The DoorNobbs

Almost as dependable as the real thing!



I started working on cross stitching this blanket when I first found out that Cupcake was on her way. My goal had been to complete it before the baby shower.  Which gave me about 6 months to complete it.  That sounded like an easy deadline to make. 

Well, I missed that deadline.  With three jungle characters left to cross stitch.

Then I had the deadline of finishing it before her birthday :)  That gave me 2 more weeks, and I was almost done with the lion (which was character 1 of 3 left to do)

And,  I also missed that deadline.

Then I set the deadline to have it finished before her blessing day. That gave me a month and a half to complete the project.

Well, guess what? . . .  I missed that one :) (but the Lion did get done)

Finally out of desparation to get it complete before her 21st birthday :) , I called upon Missing Hinge to help me out.  She was so lovely as to complete the last two jungle creatures, one of the giraffes and the monkey/mouse looking thing.  (I totally think it looks like a mouse, but I have been told that it is a monkey by more well informed people than me)

I guess I made that deadline, she is not even close to 21. HOORAY!  I can accomplish a goal . . .  (kind of- I didn't cheat to accomplish my goal I was resourceful)

Now Cupcake has a blanket that was made with love from both her Auntie and Grannie. And that makes the blanket double special :)

Here is a closeup on the Giraffe



And the Zebra

I picked out the pattern because of the cute little fringe for the Mane on the animals. I also picked it out before mama weigamister (aka Squeaky Hinge) decided what she was going to decorate her nursery in. 

And guess what, Great minds think alike. She went with the Jungle theme.  So the blanket fits right in. 

Happy Late Everything little miss Cupcake!  I hope you love your blanket as much as I love you!