Yesterday Mr. Doorman and I celebrated 5 wonderful years together. And how did we celebrate? In the usual manner of course! This time around we didn't just water the dandylions though.
Fancy Resturant? Who needs it: We had a wonderful dinner of leftover pizza supplies on an english muffin. Candlelight and a red checkered tablecloth? Nope! We ate dinner while I was standing at the stove making homemade vanilla pudding.
Entertainment? Well, if you call planting corn seed in the garden entertainment then we accomplished that one :) And we didn't plant just any corn seed, we planted Popcorn Seed. And I have no idea what we are supposed to do with it but we have time for that later.
After that wonderful round of entertainment we followed it up with something even better. I don't know how we will top it next year... however it does match up with about what we did last year.
Painting and Cleaning !!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! Aren't you all jealous?
We are expecting the NobbyKnees and Elbows to come and stay with us Saturday Night. We found out on Sunday that they are coming up for a relatives wedding. Since summer has come we have been focusing more on the outside of the house rather than the inside. So, we have neglected the very last bedroom and bathroom that needs to be done. Well, this week changed all of that-- we have spent the week in a whirlwind getting the bedroom ready for the guest bed to be put up and the bathroom needed the sink.
So, our anniversay evening was spent with Rich cleaning up the bathroom after the sink was installed the day before. And I spent the night painting the bedroom.
But wait---- What about dessert? Well we can't forget dessert---- For our dessert (which we ate around 10pm) we sat on the front porch enjoying the cool summer air while eating a donut that Mr. Doorman brought home from the grocery store. As soon as dessert was over we put the dogs to bed and shut our own eyes to enjoy some much deserved sleep (which sleep was interuppted when I heard the mosquito sprayer coming down the road around 11:30 pm and had to jump out of bed to shut the windows. Then instead of going straight back to bed had to wait 15-20 minutes for the chemical to settle so I could open the windows back up. And during all of this time Mr. Doorman snored.)
Aw! What a night!
On a more serious note: I love my husband and as much as we make fun of all the creative ways in which we celebrate our anniversary I wouldn't change much about anything. (I might change that maybe we have store bought pizza instead of left overs) This month has been crazy trying to figure out when we can get away or go do something fun but I like being with Mr. Doorman more than anyone else so even if we are working on the house or doing something else equally as mundane at least we are doing it together.
So, Happy Anniversary Mr. Doorman! You are the Best!