The DoorNobbs

Almost as dependable as the real thing!

Well, I am offically saying that I have 1 room done! The masterbedroom was complete over the weekend. I technically have just a few touch ups to do around the trim. But I thought I was all done so I put the paint away.  I am going to wait until I am ready to touch up the bathroom then I will finish our bedroom.  The bathroom is close to done.

Unfortunatly and most annoyingly to Gold-plated Hinge:  Nothing in my house goes smoothly, and the walls are no where near straight. So anytime we start a project and think it will only take X amount of time, it usually takes X times 4 :)

Here is a reminder of what my bedroom looked like when we bought the place.



And now here is the finished project!  (I have a great contractor)



It is a totally different room.

The bathroom is almost complete, we just have a little tiling to do for my trim. But my cabinet was made and installed- and boy does it look good.  I was so excited for my vanity. And I am excited  to show you the pictures. The person that made it did a fabulous job.  Anyway-  I guess I shouldn't say to much until I have a picture  to show you.

Last night my hard working men, got up on the roof and pulled out the swap cooler (which leaked and made a mess of the ceiling) the flume (I think that is what the thing is called above the stove) - it also leaked.  And they patched the roof and shingled.  And another home improvement project was found- we get to redo the roof (hooray-- just want we were hoping for j/k)-- hopefully it will last two years before it will need to be done.

The next phase of the game is to work on the kitchen, dining room, living room and den.  I am hoping we can get it all ready to go and start the major overhaul in about 2 weeks. But remember my house isn't going according to plan. So if I think 2 weeks, then in reality we are looking at 4 weeks :)

I am looking forward to the end of Phase 2. Then I get to un pack my boxes and stop living on the bare necessities.