The DoorNobbs

Almost as dependable as the real thing!


Doorman and I carved pumpkins for FHE on monday!  Doorman carved the frankenstien.  Didn't he do a wonderful job? I think so, especially since he only had a steak knife and a paring knife as tools. Maybe this is why he can cook so good, he gets the tools to do what he wants. I struggled enough carving my pumpkin as I tried to get the knife to make the round part of the eyes. 

We had lots of fun carving pumpkins.  Last year we grew our own pumpkins to carve and tried again this year.  We got one pumpkin to grow on the vine and it was looking pretty good, until a frost came and stopped the growth. So it only was a really light orange color. (it is still sitting in the garden) So Squeeky Hinge got us our pumpkins from the greenhouse.  

This is probably the only time we will stick a candle in it to light them.  I think they look great!  We even cleaned the seeds to toast them.  They taste pretty good, just need a little more salt- I will have to remember that for next year. Happy Halloween!!!